Most companies use Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email. Not just companies, but numerous individuals also use this software for email because it’s user-friendly and offers security. However, there are times when Outlook can cause headaches due to various types of errors. One of the most common error uses faces is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] .
In this article, we will examine the cause of the problem and how be fixed to allow you to continue working in Microsoft Outlook.
What is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] and Why does it Occur?
As we’ve mentioned before, Microsoft Outlook is secure because it makes use of SSL as well as TLS security encryptions offered by Microsoft to transmit and receive mail. You don’t have to know about SSL and TLS security encryptions to solve the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] but just understand it is one of the most secure encryption.
When you tries to connect to mail server which doesn’t have SSL and TLS security you will receive [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] , this is not the only reason for receiving pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error in your Microsoft Outlook. We will go over the other reasons and possible solutions inside section ” How to Solve” section. In order to connect to the mail server within Outlook it needs to include at least SSL as well as TLS encryptions. Always make sure to verify every parameter, including port number, authentications, as well as secure connections when connecting.
How to solve [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Now that you understand why does [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] occur probably you have got idea on how to solve the issue. If you’re not interested in the technology but are still trying to resolve the issue, it’s pretty simple to follow the steps listed below and you’ll never again experience the problem. We will provide six possible solutions to the problem. One of them will solve the issue for you.
Solution 1: Check For Duplicate Account
If Microsoft Outlook is configured by duplicate account then you may see pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. If this happens in your case, the solution is quite simple. If you are not sure whether this is causing the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 or not then just follow the steps. In the end, solution, if your issue is resolved, it’s probably due to a duplicate account. If there isn’t, don’t worry as we have a variety of solutions for you.
Follow these steps to look for duplicate Accounts:
- Start the Control Panel on your desktop, and switch the display changing it to “large category“
- Then Click on Mail
- After you have logged in to mail you will get a popup screen. In that screen you can click ” E-Mail accounts“
- After that, you’ll find all the email accounts that you have configured in Microsoft outlook. Verify whether there’s a duplicate account or there isn’t. If there is delete the duplicate account because that’s the main reason for causing [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. If there isn’t any duplicate accounts then you could delete all accounts and create new ones. This could solve the issue.
Once you’ve checked whether there are duplicate accounts or not, you can delete duplicate accounts/all existing accounts and created a new one. Now go back and check whether this pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is solved or not. If the issue is not solved, proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Check for SMTP Setup
Its better to check the SMTP Setup for Microsoft Outlook because 80% of the time [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is caused by the misconfiguration in the SMTP. Examining the SMTP configuration is fairly simple. Follow the instructions below:
- Follow the steps mentioned in Solution 1 of pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 to open the “E-Mail accounts” settings where you have deleted the email account.
- Just double click the email then select ” more setting“.
- If the server you’re using has authentication, check for ” My server requires authentication“.
- Then go to Advance tab and ensure the correct port number is being used. Below is the ports that should be used to connect IMAP or SMTP.
After setting up the SMTP after configuring the SMTP, close the application and restart your PC. After restarting check the Microsoft Outlook to check whether it is still showing [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] or not. If the issue is not resolved, move on to the next step.
Solution 3: Use SCANPST.exe
If you’ve not had the opportunity to use SCANPST.exe then you are probably wondering what this is. Many Outlook users complained many issues to Microsoft like [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] so Microsoft come up with the tool that will fix the corrupt PST files which will ultimately fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error.
Follow the steps below to find out how to use SCANPST and fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error.
- Open file explorer. (My Computer)
- You can go to Program Documents and Settings to Microsoft Office > Office18 (Depends on the version of Office you are using, for instance, if you’re running Office 2014 it should be similar to Office14)
- In the Folder, search in the Folder for SCANPST.exe, and run the application as administrator.
- Click Browse and choose the PST file you wish to fix and then click ” Start”.
- Make sure you click the ” Make Backup” and then click Browse to choose the location you wish to store the backup. After that, click ” Repair”
After repairing the damaged PST files, the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error should be fixed. If this does not solve the issue, then we need to find a more general solution which will allow us in identifying any Windows issue. We hope that this will resolve the issue.
Solution 4: Disabling the Antivirus and Windows Defender
Sometimes the firewall rules of antivirus and Windows Defender causes [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] problem. Because they might interpret an outgoing email to be the signal to send out from an malware. To address the issue, you should disable your security software or the antivirus, if you don’t have antivirus.
Enabling the Antivirus is easy. Start the antivirus you’re using. There should be a button that reads ” Disable Virus protection” or ” Turn off Antivirus”. Select one of the button and check whether the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is still showing or not.
To turn off the Windows Defender, follow these steps:
- Select Start > Settings Update & Security Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus and threat protection settings in earlier version of Windows 10).
- Switch Protection in real-time to off.
Disabling the Antivirus or windows defender has solved pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 for most of our visitors so you should give it a try.
Solutions 5: Remove the Cookies as well as the cache
In our earlier articles, that we have shared solutions to various errors We keep repeating the words erase cache and cookies. Like that for solving [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] you can try by clearing the cookie and cache. To do this, follow the steps:
- Enter Control+R on the keyboard to open dialog to run.
- Then enter ” %appdata%”
You can delete all the files within the appdata folder (suggested )or choose your Microsoft Outlook folder and delete it.
After you have cleared all AppData it is time to remove all the data from LocalAppData. To do this, follow the steps.
- Enter Control+R on your keyboard to open the run dialog.
- Then then type ” %Localappdata%”
- Once you have accessed the LocalAppData. Removing all files within the folder.
After you have cleared your Cache and Cookies return to Microsoft and verify if the issue is resolved or not.
6. Solution Install the app
We’ve tried all options for resolving the issue. However, none of them resolved the issue. Therefore, the only solution we have is to reinstall the application. After reinstalling the application add your email account in Microsoft outlook it will surely solve the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] issue. The steps are below to install the application.
- Launch the program and its features via Control Panel
- Find Microsoft Office (Microsoft can be found part of Microsoft’s Office software.)
- Double Click on Office 365
- Follow the steps on the screen.
- Make sure to install the application again by downloading the most recent version from the Microsoft Office official website
- Create a new account, and then add it to Microsoft Office
- Check whether you can still see [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] or not.
Getting [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] while submitting the assignment or project at deadline is surely frustrating but with out guide you no longer have to worry about the issue. Hope the above mentioned 6 points have solved your [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. If you’re still struggling with the issue, please comment below the exact steps you followed , and we’ll attempt to resolve the error for you.